Undergraduate applications are processed through the University Office of Admissions and Records, and the College of ACES Academic Programs Office makes the admission decisions. Freshman admission is based on several factors and it is best to review the following:
If you are a current student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and are interested in changing your major to animal sciences, please follow these guidelines:
1. Please schedule a meeting with Katelyn Jones-Hamlow to discuss your future classes and goals. We are happy to help advise our transfer students before officially finishing the paperwork.
2. Consider this checklist to know if you are eligible to transfer:
- You have completed ANSC 100 (Requirement)
- You have at least a 2.5 GPA (Requirement)
- You have spent at least 1 year in your current major (Requirement)
- You have taken at least 1 chemistry class; CHEM 102 & 103 (Recommendation)
- You have taken at least 1 math class; MATH 220, 221, or 234 (Recommendation)
3. Be sure to check the ICT processing periods to find out when you should officially apply to transfer.
4. More information on transferring to animal sciences can be found on the Illinois ICT website.
Required classes for Animal Sciences:
We have listed the classes which are required from transfer below. We recommend using Transferology to find the equivalent classes at your institution. More information can also be found in the transfer student handbook under animal sciences.
- UIUC equivalent of CHEM 101 or CHEM 102/103
- UIUC equivalent of MATH 112, Algebra or higher
- UIUC equivalent of CHEM 102/103
- UIUC equivalent of CHEM 104/105
- UIUC equivalent of MATH 234 or MATH 220
In addition to the classes required for transfer, there are other classes we would recommend you consider taking at your institution. Please consider scheduling a visit with our animal sciences recruiter and advisor to discuss your specific career goals.