Computer science + animal sciences (CS + ANSC) is a first-of-its-kind partnership between The Grainger College of Engineering’s Department of Computer Science and the Department of Animal Sciences in ACES.
Employers are looking for people with a strong grounding in computer science and technical knowledge of animal sciences. You can help fill that unique workforce gap. Prepare to work with sensor technology, large data sets, and predictive analytics, all aimed at improving the health and well-being of production animals and pets.
CS + ANSC graduates will thrive in today’s digitally driven marketplace.
Leading Innovative Research
Combining a strong foundation in computer science with technical training in animal sciences, students learn – and do – at the forefront of innovative research:
- Deploying remote sensors to monitor animal behavior, health, and well-being
- Analyzing genomes, transcriptomes, and microbiomes to improve production and efficiency in food animals
- Mining large data sets to solve problems in complex food systems
- Designing automated systems to progress food production and quality
With a CS + ANSC degree, you can explore careers – and find rewarding employment – in the animal sciences, technology, and engineering industries. And so much more.
Areas of Employment
- Computer Programming
- Data Analytics
- Digital Agriculture
- Environmental Science
- Genomic Research
- Precision Animal Agriculture
- Quantitative Genetics
- Remote Sensing
Areas of Advanced Study
- Animal Health
- Animal Production
- Computational Biology
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Statistical Programming